Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wedding Notes:: Fragrance

I've written before about the power scents have to stir memories & the emotions tied to them. With fragrance playing such an integral role in so many of my favourite & most precious memories, I knew that the scent I will wear for my wedding would be high up on the list of things to consider (dare I say it, even above shoes and jewellery!).

Here is a selection of some of my favourite wedding-day fragrance options, each befitting of an occasion where all eyes are on you & yours are on one person only. They are each unique & distinct, but all equally worthy of a supporting role on your big day.



Creed Fleurissimo
A delicious, fresh floral fragrance fit for royalty, Fleurissimo is the perfume Prince Rainier III had commissioned for his bride, Hollywood beauty Grace Kelly, to wear on their wedding day. With notes of tuberose, Bulgarian rose, violet & Florentine Iris, this is perfection for a spring garden party wedding.

Ralph Lauren Romance
An exquisite fragrance featuring light florals of rose & violet balanced with ginger, oak & musk, this perfume is a cult favourite amongst Ralph Lauren fragrance fans & also holds a special place in my own heart! Classically romantic, it's best suited to an ultra-feminine bride looking for a suitably pretty scent.


Narciso Rodriguez For Her
I first experienced this perfume when I met a friend for dinner & she announced that, after years of searching, she'd found her signature scent, vowing never to stray from Narciso Rodriguez. Like her, I was smitten from the start; the powerful blend of orange blossom, osmanthus, rose, solar musk & peach on an amber, vanilla & soft musk base is different to anything I've ever smelt. Dripping with sensuality & sophistication, For Her is a fragrance for a modern, glamorous bride (I imagine her wearing a Johanna Johnson gown).


Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
Surely no fragrance collection would be complete without a mention from Chanel. Coco Mademoiselle is a luxurious, oriental fragrance that exudes confidence & sophistication. This is one for an elegant bride who requires a fragrance that will hold its own at a black tie, formal wedding.

Vera Wang Vera Wang
An alluring, fairytale fragrance developed by the Queen of fairytale wedding creations herself! Vera Wang is a fresh fragrance rich in floral blooms. With pretty notes of mandarin blossom, Bulgarian rose & gardenia, this is definitely one for the princess bride who has been dreaming of her big day since she was a girl. 


If there is a fragrance that simply must be added to my list for wedding-day consideration, please do let me know! 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment