Thursday, August 2, 2012

Gently does it:: AEOS Cleansing Oil

While the ritual of lathering up & cleansing with a foaming wash for a super-clean finish is beautiful on the body, when it comes to the delicate, sensitive skin on the face & décolletage, sometimes you need something a little gentler. I recently switched from my long-time favourite AHA-based cleanser & started (somewhat nervously at first) with a Cleansing Oil. Despite my reservations {would my combination-prone-to-breakout complexion cope with more oil?} this little routine is now a much loved part of my day.

While it seems natural to think that applying an oil directly to the skin may result in excess sebum, in fact the opposite is true. We all know that oil & water don't mix & that like attracts like, so what actually occurs with oil-based cleansing is that the product works to dissolve excess oil in the skin, gently cleansing pores & ridding impurities in the process. Considering that many cosmetics, foundations in particular, are oil-based, it's also a perfect option for removing make up.

The phenomenal product that has stolen my heart? AEOS's Cleansing Oil De-Maq. This luxuriously-scented, golden oil is created with a potent blend of organic & biodynamic Spelt, Jojoba, Grape Seed, Sesame Seed, Avocado and Rosewood oils & is a complete joy to use. Just a few drops of this exquisite product in the palm of my hand is enough to cleanse my face & neck...leaving my skin feeling deeply clean & cashmere-soft. It's a product that not only treats your skin, but that elevates cleansing from an everyday essential to a luxurious ritual.


Have you tried cleansing oils? Are you hooked?

x

1 comment:

  1. Love the review Jacquie!! I'm totally hooked in cleansing oils and wholeheartedly agree with all that you've expressed. They really do help to balance oil production, and are fab for combination skin types. Not that this is something that I like to do often but even on those nights when I am feeling a little too lazy/tired to do the whole skin care ritual, I find that using the AEOS Cleansing Oil De-Maq takes my makeup off, whilst also leaving it moisturised and soft.

    ReplyDelete